We are looking for Blockchain Architect to join the team of the American food company TraDove.
Who are we?
TraDove is a Silicon Valley company that is developing a next-generation blockchain-based payment network.
We have 40 people working with us in the USA, China and Europe. Our team has onboard experts from MIT, LinkedIn, Alibaba, Amazon, and more. Our investors and sponsors include a former Bank of America CEO, former Morgan Stanley CFO, former US Congressman and MIT Professor Emeritus.
What are we doing?
There was a problem in the B2B space – a world of professional buyers and sellers were looking for a simple way to connect and make deals. But, no such dedicated business network existed. So we built one!
Members can settle with our proprietary blockchain payment solution, the first B2B blockchain. We address trust and privacy issues in international trade, including user authentication and blockchain-based credit settlement in B2B.
How old is the project? What is the current stage of the project? - 2 years
What technologies do we use? - Go, Microservices, SQL, NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes
Desired professional level of the candidate: Architect
What professional skills are important to us?
- 5+ years of experience in software development (experience with Go is preferred);
- 3+ years of experience in design and creation of blockchain solutions and decentralized architecture;
- Deep understanding of at least 1 blockchain technology (Ethereum, BitCoin, IBM Hyperledger, Corda, Quorum, Stellar, Ripple, Solana, etc.) and smart contract development;
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems and microservices;
- Understanding of cryptography, encryption, automation and cloud services;
- Excellent understanding of common algorithms, data structures and architectural patterns;
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL databases;
- Experience in implementing system security measures;
- Ability to concentrate and bring results as efficiently as possible in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment;
- Experience of interacting with several teams, the ability to effectively coordinate people, multitasking;
- Experience in assessing the impact of changes, and working out estimates for tasks;
- Analytical mindset, ability to solve problems and make decisions;
- A team player with an excellent level of communication;
- Result-oriented, always ready to propose new ideas and implement solutions;
Will be a plus:
- Deep understanding of product architecture;
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Deep knowledge of network communication and server interaction;
Do you need English and at what level? - Yes, English is required, level Upper-Intermediate +.
What to do in the project?
- Analyze technical and business requirements together with a business analyst;
- Participate in the development of high-level product specifications and the planning stage, design and evaluate the system architecture;
- Study distributed protocols and propose effective architectural updates;
- Integrate new use cases and work with international teams;
- Provide scalable architecture as well as high quality code;
- Improve existing blockchain solutions;
- Analyze the technological environment;
- Choose a technical stack;
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring for developers of all levels;
- Participate in the daily activities of the team.
Team size and structure, how many testers / developers? - 40 people in total, including a technical team: There are 7 people in Ukraine: 1 lead backend, 2 backend developers, 1 mobile, 1 QA, 1 BA, 1 PM. There are 5 people in China: 2 backend, 1 front, 1 mobile, 2 QA.
Where are the people who make the technical decisions on the project? - San Francisco, Kiev, Zaporozhye, China
Who works for us?
How is the work of the office organized today? - At the moment, we work in a distributed manner due to the epidemiological situation in the world.
As per the appliction conditions:
- Is there a trial period and how long does it last? - Yes, 2 months
- Overtimes? How often, what is the approach to payment? - Since we work on the product, we try to avoid overtime. All terms are agreed with the client in connection with the business requirements and with the team based on the technical assessment. If people aren't investing in their own estimates, they should fix it. There is also a bonus system, one of the criteria of which is the ability to fit into the deadline. If this happens successfully, then the employee receives a larger bonus.
- What is the working schedule? - We try to be in touch from 10 to 19. All other aspects of the schedule are regulated by the person together with the team.
- Is it possible to work remotely some days? - At this stage, all work is done remotely
- Number of vacation days? - 20 working days a year
- Number of paid sick days per year? - 10 days (100% paid) per year
- Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? - At the moment, not due to the epidemiological situation, but in the future - potentially where the clients will be and where the project will need to be implemented.
- Is relocation possible outside Ukraine and how is the company ready to support it? - At the moment we are considering the prospect of relocating the entire team to Europe.
- When, how and in what currency is the salary paid / calculated? - on the 7th of each month in hryvnia for individual entrepreneurship + coverage of all taxes.
As per the application process:
- Is there a test task? - Not
- Interview in English? - In Russian and English.
- Who is reviewing the resume? - Elizaveta Troyanova (PM), https://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabeth-troianova-55b7b6145/
- How many stages of the interview with whom? - Communication with a recruiter, interview with Elizabeth, technical interview (possibly in two parts).
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.