Product Manager (Mobile app)
We are looking for a Product Manager (Mobile app) for ScentBird.
More info in the form of Q&A below.
Who are we?
Scentbird inspires fragrance lovers to go beyond the ordinary and sample scents that evoke passion, confidence, and the unknown. Our mission is to revolutionize the way we perfume by bringing the ultimate fragrance playground right to your fingertips and offering a digital subscription service that lets members choose from over 500+ designer perfumes each month.
Why do we do it?
We believe finding a new perfume should be indulgent, personalized and most of all, fun. Our TruScent™ Recommender leverages a database of thousands of scent profiles and perfume reviews by real people. Our clients can keep customizing the recommendations by rating fragrances: the more they rate, the more personalized the recommendations become.
How we are (as a company/project) different from others?
Born out of frustration with the “perfume graveyard” — expensive bottles of designer perfume collecting dust on your dresser or cabinet — Scentbird was created to provide an alternative that is both practical and exciting.
How old is the project? What is the current stage of the project?
We launched in 2014 and now we have over 400 thousand paying subscribers on the platform. During this time, among other things, we have launched a line of cosmetics (the Deck of Scarlet), two perfume brands (Confession of a Rebel and Sanctuary), and a line of skincare products (GoodHabit).
The preferred professional level of the candidate: Senior.
Which professional skills are important to us?
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager
- Experience with Android and iOS platforms with a deep understanding of user behavior
- Ability to drive and manage digital products to scale
- Passionate about creating functional consumer products, and experience building them
- Ability to structure problem-solving approaches and to bring multiple solutions to solving complex problems
Is English required? Yes, fluent
What to do in the project?
Scentbird is seeking an exceptional addition to our product team. Our Product Manager (Mobile app) will work closely with our customers, stakeholders, designers, customer support and developers to discover, define, design, test, and deploy products that will help us to reach our KPIs
We're looking for someone that lives and breathes consumer experiences across iOS and Android apps. You’ll play a pivotal role in executing the company's mobile roadmap and delivering scalable products and features that will spark growth and retention
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and drive forward the mobile product vision to align with the company vision and help inform product and design team roadmaps and goal setting
- Lead the discovery, prioritization, and delivery of features and other optimizations that maximize performance and make the most of the mobile app platform’s capabilities, and development frameworks and strategies that make development more efficient for the rest of the scentbird organization
- Use research, data analysis, wireframes, product requirements, and/or other illustrations to communicate product vision and roadmap to senior management and various partners, and ensure alignment with company-level initiatives
- Drive internal process improvements and provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for user stories and other requirements. Communicate project status to partners and various key teams around the organization
- Conduct experiments to validate hypotheses and ensure product quality
- Develop metrics to measure the success of program changes, analyze results, and use this analysis to inform further iteration
- You're up on all the latest trends in mobile, payments, and other emerging platforms and you have a strong instinctual sense of where things are going so that you can ensure Scentbird’s mobile app continuous success in the future
- Prioritize development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing and lead product launches
What would be important for us in this person?
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
Why is there a vacant position? Replacement. Current product manager decided to pursue a developer career
What are the growth/development opportunities in this position? Product manager joins a team of 6 developers. Our previous product manager was managing the entire team, including performance reviews. This person will have an opportunity to manage the entire team
What are the size and structure of the team? How many testers/developers are there in the team? The whole team consists of 140 employees, and 35 of them are software developers from different countries (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus)
The development team: Frontend, Backend, QA Engineers, Mobile (iOS + Android), Data Science. All the guys are divided into teams by product and business area. Each team works closely with its users and receives first-hand feedback. We manage to keep up with the rhythm of daily releases (including Friday) and we plan to increase the speed
Mobile app team is 2 iOS devs, 2 Android devs, 1 QA and 1 backend
Where are the people who make technical decisions about the project (location)? Ukraine and USA
Who works for us?
What interesting activities do we do (as a company) for the community (events, community support, etc.)? It is a remote team. We don’t month townhalls to connect all employees around the world. Before COVID we are doing offsites with the team, hope to bring it back soon. Our employees gather on their own in Ukraine and Moscow and we support these gatherings.
As per the working conditions:
- Is there a trial period and how long does it last? We have a standard 30-60-90 process. During the third 3 months a new employee has to meet expectations of a manager
- Overtimes, how often, what is the approach to payment? We usually don’t do overtimes, but as any full-time employee we have certain KPIs and if a person doesn’t meet them, he/she might have to work some extra time to achieve a goal
- What is the work schedule? This is a remote role, workday 12 pm to 8 pm (EEST/EET) to have more overlap with the US part of the team. But if a person prefers to work past 8pm we completely support this
- The number of vacation days? 14 business days and increases every 3 years. Unlimited number of unpaid vacations. 3 days bereavement. 14 holidays
- Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? Not now, people used to go to the US but now we don’t have an office there
- Is relocation outside Ukraine possible and how is the company ready to support it? It is a remote position. Preferable in Kyiv
- Bebefits package (medical insurance, other):Bonus at the end of the year based on performance + Highly competitive salary (above-market rates)
- When, how and in what currency is the salary paid / calculated? To a private entrepreneur's bank account, once a month, in USD. The company does not compensate Ukrainian taxes, so they need to be covered on their own
As per the application process:
- Is there a test task? No
- Interview in English? English
- How many stages of the interview?Three interviews: one with the talent acquisition manager, the second one with the Director of Product and the last one with Co-founder
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.