Senior Front-End (React) Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Front-End (React) Engineer, that will help develop UI/UX for the new web app.
More info in the form of Q&A below.
What do we do?
The Company is a localization and translation management platform for agile teams. We are the fastest-growing language-tech B2B SaaS. Being a collaborative productivity platform, it can help structure, automate, that is, streamline the translation and localization process for any company in the world.
The Company was included in the top 100 European cloud tech companies under $1b by Accel.
Why do we do it?
Our goal is to eliminate the hassle of localization by providing tools to automate, integrate, and better manage your translations. We are a better way for growth-minded businesses to expand their mobile apps, games, software or digital content into multiple languages.
How are we (as a company/project) different from others?
Our culture is all about transparency, removing bureaucratic obstacles, and quality. We try to move as fast as we can (we are in the hyper-growth phase) but not losing quality.
How do we do it? (what technologies we use, etc.)?
Our core business logic will be kept in PHP, but services that are new and being built in our platform are already built with Golang, Python, Node.Js, React (Typescript), etc.
Which professional skills are important to us?
- Senior-level experience working with React and React Hooks
- Great knowledge of Vanilla JS and TypeScript
- Great knowledge of CSS preprocessor (LESS/SASS), CSS3 and HTML5
- Experience with Jest/Mocha/Jasmine
- Experience working with REST API
- Experience working with sockets (socket.io)
- Understanding of latest ECMAScript specifications
- Good knowledge of GIT
- Working knowledge of English
Would be a big plus:
- Knowledge of PHP
- Experience working with Symfony
- Experience working with Docker
What would I have to do?
- Deliver world-class user experience and user interface while executing understandable, maintainable and well-tested code
- UI/UX improvement and refactoring of existing web app
- Seek a clear understanding of technical requirements through interpreting user stories and UX documents
- Work closely with Product, UX/UI, and the Engineering team to execute business deliverables
- Remediate bugs throughout the development process
- Cover own code with unit tests
- Generate technical and support procedure documentation
- Gain in-depth product knowledge and become familiar with the software localization process over the globe
Why is there a vacant position?
Growth and development of the project.
What are the growth/development opportunities in this position?
We have some teams that currently are without leadership (they are forming or too small at this point), so a candidate with an appropriate skill-set will have the possibility to become a team-lead pretty quickly.
What is the size and structure of the team? How many testers/developers are there in the team?
We are building cross-functional teams. Each team consists of: backend engineers, frontend engineers, product owners. QAs are in a separate team, but in the future, they will be incorporated into teams. We have a separate “Platform” team where DevOps, Cloud Engineers, and SRE helps us to scale and grow our solution.
As per the working conditions:
- Is there a trial period and how long does it last? - 3 months.
- Overtimes, how often, what is the approach to payment? - Overtime is generally not supported, however, if it is agreed upon with the manager about the necessity of overtime, it would be compensated by taking free time/free day in any other workday chosen by the employee.
- What is the work schedule? - Employees are expected to work 8 hours per day. We currently prefer teammates to be within 2 hours from our time zone which is GMT+3 (EEST). If you are willing to adapt to our time zone from anywhere else in the world, that would also be fine.
- Is it possible to work remotely some days? - We are a full-remote company and you can work from anywhere.
- The number of vacation days? - annual vacation, national holidays, and sick days + a day off on your birthday.without any reduction of the monthly fee.
- Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? - Business trips are not provided because the nature of the project is remote. The company plans to arrange team events.
- Social package (medical insurance, other) - Health insurance, wellness benefits.
- Does the company provide equipment? - Top notch tech equipment to work with.
As per the application process:
- Interview in English? - All stages of the interview will be held in English.
- Who will review the resume?- Recruiter and hiring manager
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.