Senior Software Developer (Integrations, Blockchain)
We are looking for a Senior Blockchain Developer to a product company Unstoppable Domains.
Please find more in questions & answers below.
Who we are and what are we doing?
Unstoppable Domains is a growing US-based startup, launching domain names on blockchains.
Blockchain domain names have two primary use cases:
- Simplify cryptocurrency transfers by replacing cryptocurrency addresses with one single human-readable name.
- Build uncensorable websites that can’t be taken down. Hence, the name Unstoppable Domains.
The startup is backed by one of the leading US venture capital firms — Draper Associates.
Why are we doing this?
We believe that anyone in the world can conduct business online, and without fear of censorship create websites that cannot be deleted by state / regulatory authorities and traditional domain name providers.
We are building a system that no one can intervene in. This technology is critical to promoting freedom of speech and opportunity in the world.
What makes us different from other projects/companies? Why would someone want to join us?
- A full-time job at a growing ambitious company under US team management with a stellar execution track record.
- An exciting environment with the mission to disrupt the industry.
- Entering a promising startup early on and working alone top entrepreneurs.
- A challenging job where you can learn and grow.
- Flexible working hours
How old is the project? What stage is it on?
2 years, growth stage.
Desirable professional level of the candidate:
What professional skills are important to us?
Unstoppable Domains is seeking a Senior Blockchain Developer with a deep understanding and profound experience in blockchain technologies. Requirements:
- Experience working with open-source projects
- Strong understanding of common algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with basic cryptography
- Experience with Ethereum platform and Solidity.
- SQL-database experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
As a plus it would be:
- Practical experience with other blockchain platforms: BitCoin, Zilliqa, IBM Hyperledger, EOS, VeChain, Corda, Quorum, Cardano, etc.
- Experience with cybersecurity.
Is English required? What level?
Yes, upper-intermediate +.
What else would be important to us in this person?
- Responsibility, hard work, high level of professionalism.
- Independence, speed, attention to their work. They would need to feel comfortable in a startup where everything is dynamic.
What would I have to do in the project?
- Develop, test and deploy smart contracts to ethereum blockchain
- Integrate smart contract calls to web application
- Provide integration documentation for 3rd party applications
- Maintain code quality of software application
- Participate in architecture decisions
Why is the job opened?
Growth and expansion
Team size and structure, how many testers / developers are there?
There are 22 employees in the company, the tech team consists of 12 people.
What is the employee turnover in the company?
Where are located the people who make the technical decisions on the project?
San Francisco / Kyiv
Who is working here?
- Founder & CEO - Matthew Gould
- Founder & Head of Biz Dev - Bradley Kam
- Founder & VP Engineering - Bogdan Gusiev
How is work of the office organized today?
At the moment we are working remotely, because of the epidemiological situation in the world. But we are participating as organizers / sponsors of blockchain hackathons.
- Is there a probation period and how long does it last? - No probation period
- Are there any overtimes? If yes, then how often and how are they typically paid? - Typically, the load can vary from 35 to 45 hours: for example, if someone asked you to work another 5 hours a week, you can subtract this from next week.
- What is the work schedule? - 13:00 - 21:00 Kyiv time.
- Is it possible to work remotely for several days? - Yes, you can work remotely. We plan that the Kyiv team will meet once or twice a week in person.
- Number of vacation days? - 24 days a year.
- Is there any prospect of business trips, and where? - Yes, we plan trips to the USA at least once a year. We will choose a new location to meet at each time, because the whole team works worlds remotely from different cities. But this will be possible only after the situation in the world improves.
- Is relocation outside Ukraine possible and how is the company ready to support it? - Not yet, the opportunity may appear in the future.
- When, how and in what currency is salary paid / calculated? - Salaries are transferred to a bank account in US dollars. The company does not compensate for Ukrainian taxes, so they need to be covered independently.
- Office address (can we indicate in full, give a map?) - LIFT99 Kyiv Hub, Vladimirskaya 101.
About the job application process:
- Is there a test task? - Yes
- Is the interview held in English? - No, in Russian
- Who reviews the CV? - Bogdan Gusiev
- How many interview stages are there? With whom? - Three. First one with the recruiter, the second one with Bogdan, and the final one with the CEO.
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.