Looking for a Full Stack Developer to Vimeo Product Company to develop Vimeo Livestream.
Further - more, in Q&A.
What are we doing?
Vimeo is an ad-free platform for viewing, hosting, sharing and selling videos. With 230+ million users in 190+ countries, we help everyone grow their business by making it easy to create and promote high-quality, impactful videos.
Why are we doing this?
Our mission is to empower video creators to show incredible stories and find their audience and community.
How do we do it?
We work on a freemium model from the standard free version to the maximum one, using which companies can control the appearance and distribution of their video content on the Internet.
What professional skills are important to us?
- BTech / MTech in Computer science or other equivalent degree.
- 3+ years of experience with PHP backend technologies.
- Knowledge of databases (MySQL, others would be a plus).
- Hands-on experience with system design, coding, debugging and testing.
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Very good knowledge of OOP and design patterns.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technologies.
- Intermediate level of English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in React development.
- Development experience in Typescript.
Current technologies, architectures and libraries:
- PHP 7.3
- Typescript v.4
- React v.16 (Hooks)
- webpack / babel / eslint / github
What to do in the project?
- Participate in the development of the Vimeo Livestream product.
- Integration with third-party services, API creation.
- Suggest ideas for improving functionality and / or architecture.
Why was the position opened?
Due to the growth of the project.
Growth / development prospects for this position?
Development will take place in parallel with the growth of the team.
Team size and structure, how many testers / developers?
2 Full Stack, 1 Front End, 1 Back End, 2 QA, Tech Lead
Where are the people who make the technical decisions on the project?
Technical decisions on the project are made in Zaporozhye, product decisions in New York.
What interesting things are we doing as a company for the community?
With the help of our product, users can tell about their hobby or business, find their audience and even investors.
- Is there a trial period and how long does it last? 3 months.
- Overtime, how often, what is the approach to payment? Overtime is discouraged. Vimeo always emphasizes that we work trying to provide our employees with a work-life balance.
- What is the work schedule? From 09-10:00 till 18-19:00.
- Is it possible to work remotely some days? At the moment, the entire company is working remotely until the situation stabilizes. Afterwards, we are planning to smoothly return to the office.
- Number of vacation days? 28 working days of vacation + a week of New Year's holidays. In our company you can take one additional free day a month without giving a reason.
- Is relocation outside Ukraine possible and how is the company ready to support it? Not considered at the moment.
- What is the address of the office? BC Parus, Mechnikova 2A.
- Social package (medical insurance, other). Official employment, medical insurance, English courses, sports. The annual amount for employee training ($ 1,500).
- When, how and in what currency is the salary paid / calculated? Since we work in a completely white field, the salary is paid on the card.
- Is there a practical test? No.
- Interview in English? No.
- Who is reviewing the CV? Team Lead.
- How many stages of the interview, with whom?
- Intro call (30 min)
- HR interview (30 min)
- Technical interview with Team Lead (1 hour)
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.