Head of ML and DS
We’re looking for a Head of ML and DS in a DataMilk product startup, fully remote.
Further - more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
- We are a venture-backed startup built by ex-Googler data enthusiasts. Datamilk is an AI-first company that promotes the use of AI to fix the internet.
- Our goal is to enable more websites to use AI in order to improve those website's user experience.
- The company raised $1.7 million from big_bets, RTP Global, and Angel Invest, with participation from Matthew Freud and the founders of digital commerce platform VTEX.
How are we as a company different from others? Why is it worth going to us?
Watch this Elon Musk video which summarizes our view of the problem we’re solving.
We shaped Google’s engineering management approaches to a remote working environment. If you are interested to see how Silicon Valley software engineering processes can be adapted to a fully remote environment across all timezones and continents you'll find DataMilk interesting. We believe that remote work is the future of software development.
Why are we doing this?
We're on a mission to make the internet a few percentage points better to use. We think AI is a new and untapped lever for this improvement.
What professional skills are important to us?
- 5+ years working experience and at least 3 years managing
- Proficiency in Python language, Google cloud (or equivalent), ML infrastructure
- Deep understanding of AI modelling and infrastructure
- Experience in managing an AI and DS department and successfully delivering AI solutions to enterprise- scale problems
- Experience in building teams that can make productionized enterprise grade AI solutions with the right uptime, monitoring, infrastructure, response time from the perspective of latency
- Exceptional and efficient written communication skills
- English: Upper-Intermediate and higher.
Will be a plus
- Masters / PhHD degree.
What else is important to us?
We need a person with leadership skills who'll be close to the business, a curious skeptic who is humble and ambitious at the same time, and believes the only way to resolve an argument is by Data.
When interfacing with a business you will need to summarize possible outcomes and options, and their strengths and weaknesses. Nobody can predict the future seeing and articulating some of the possible paths is what we need help with.
Why was the position opened?
We are just about to enter a growth phase in the business which means we’re aggressively increasing our headcounts primarily across engineering and AI departments.
Team size and structure?
The team size is about 18 people. You’ll work in conjunction with CTO and CEO, VP infrastructure. And also your team of DS and ML.
Who works in our team?
Founder and CEO - Peter Szalontay
CTO - Cristiano Carvalho
Is there a probation and how long does it last? - There is no concept of probation.
What is the work schedule? – There’s a completely asynchronous working environment. Exceptions: meetings that are agreed by the individuals or at the team level that are necessary.
Is it possible to work remotely? - Vacancy is completely remote.
Number of vacation days, sick days? – Unlimited. We only require your success.
Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? – We have company offsites on an annual/semi-annual basis where we meet up in a beautiful location.
Social package (medical insurance, other)? – We discuss it individually.
Is there a test? - No.
Interview in English? - Yes.
How many stages of the interview?
1) intro call (30 min)
2) 3 technical interviews (about 30 min)
3) final stage with CEO.
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.