Senior AI Engineer
What are we doing?
We are a venture-backed startup built by ex-Googler enthusiasts. Datamilk is a data driven company that promotes the use of AI to fix the internet.
Our goal is to enable more websites to use AI in order to improve their users’ experience.
The company raised $3.9 million from big_bets, RTP Global, and Angel Invest, with participation from Matthew Freud and the founders of digital commerce platform VTEX.
Why are we doing this?
We're on a mission to make the internet better to use. We think AI is a new and untapped lever for this improvement.
How are we as a company different from others? Why is it worth going to us?
Watch this Elon Musk video which summarizes our view of the problem we’re solving.
We shaped Google’s engineering management approaches to a remote working environment. If you want to know how Silicon Valley software engineering processes can be adapted to a fully remote environment across all timezones and continents you'll find DataMilk interesting. We believe that remote work is the future of software development. What are you going to do? We need a professional with experience in analyzing data and designing AI models to solve problems. We expect this engineer to know how to design practical solutions that can be deployed to perform low latency inferences in real time, write design documents with proposals, code the prototypes on Collab / Python, train models, interpret results, validate them and compare with previous versions and document the process.
What professional skills are important to us?
- 5+ years working experience on Machine Learning
- Passionate about working as a team and interacting with others
- Proficiency in Python language, Google cloud (or equivalent), ML infrastructure
- Coordinating requisites with other team members
- Experience building AI models
- Experience creating and managing the AI development process and overall infrastructure of the product
- Experience conducting statistical analysis and interpreting the results so that they can guide the organization's decision-making process
- Knowledge about how inference work in practice, in particular, in terms of latency and performance
- Developing infrastructures for data transformation and ingestion
- Excellent understanding of AI models, how they work, limitations and real world performance
- Experience with Collab or equivalent prototyping frameworks
- Exceptional and efficient written communication skills
- English: Upper-Intermediate and higher.
Will be a plus
- Masters / PhD degree
- Leadership experience
- Experience with web development
Why was the position opened?
We are just about to enter a growth phase in the business which means we’re aggressively increasing our headcounts primarily across engineering and AI departments.
Team size and structure?
The team size is about 25 people. You’ll work in conjunction with the Head of Data Science team and closely work with the CTO and CEO. And also interact with the infrastructure team which is in charge of productionizing the services.
Who works in our team?
- Is there a probation and how long does it last? - There is no concept of probation.
- What is the work schedule? – It is mostly an asynchronous working environment. Synchronous meetings that are agreed by the individuals or at the team level are still necessary.
- Is it possible to work remotely? - Vacancy is completely remote.
- Number of vacation days, sick days? – Unlimited. We only require your success.
- Is there a prospect of business trips, and where? – We have company offsites on an annual/semi-annual basis where we meet up in a beautiful location.
- Social package (medical insurance, other)? – We discuss it individually.
Interview in English? - Yes.
How many stages of the interview?
1) It starts with an intro call (45 min): you can expect questions / discussions about your resumé, career expectations, be asked to talk about some previous project, etc.
2) If everything goes well, you will go through two technical interviews (about 45 min): you can expect some questions to cover coding, problem solving skills and other relevant topics such as data structures, Machine Learning, etc.
3) Lastly, you’ll have a final stage with the CEO.
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.