Senior Android Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer in Linen product company to develop the Linen Wallet product.
Further - more, in the Q&A.
What are we doing?
Linen Wallet is a wallet and login to access Web3 and securely store crypto assets with multiple signatures (security keys). Web3 is the Internet’s next evolution with built-in native assets: gaming, financial, collectible, etc. Web3 is based on blockchain technologies.
Most of our early users are investors in our company. We have attracted more than $6 million of investments from leading industrial venture investors (Coinbase Ventures, Polychain Capital, HashKey) to make it convenient and safe for users to interact with Web3, including decentralized finance, games, ownable media (NFT) and so on.
Why are we doing this?
Assets (game artifacts, loyalty points, financial) issued on blockchains will be an integral part of most apps we use today. There are technical features of storing such assets, mainly related to the secure storage of access keys to accounts in blockchains. It is very important to us that Web3 users around the world are able to not compromise between security and ease of use of the wallet.
How are we doing?
Unlike regular wallets, which use seed phrases to backup and restore access to the wallet, we use smart contracts to store crypto assets and multi-signature technology to exclude single point of failure. The multi-signature design also makes Linen Wallet more user-friendly and lowers the barriers to entry into Web3.
How old is the project? What stage is it at?
The project is at the stage of active development, over a year on the market.
What to do in a project?
In short, there is an iOS application: https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/linen-app-investing-in-defi/id1480509067?l=en
You need to write the same on Android, and then develop it in parallel with the iOS version.
If in more detail:
- create a reliable and secure mobile application that thousands of users will trust to store their funds;
- be responsible for the full development cycle;
- collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and founders to build a robust consumer-facing mobile app;
- test and track features developed for our users, and actively troubleshoot issues that may arise.
What professional skills are important to us?
- 3+ years of commercial experience in mobile application development;
- excellent knowledge of Kotlin;
- excellent knowledge of Android architecture components (be able to design technical architecture and create a mobile application from top to bottom);
- solid background in Computer Science;
- expertise in creating, testing, releasing and maintaining Android applications;
- troubleshooting and problem solving experience (be able to investigate complex bugs and performance issues);
- knowing the best security practices for protecting data on a mobile device;
- good understanding of HTTP and REST, as well as practical experience in reliable integration with third-party APIs;
- striving for clean code that is easy to maintain and understand.
Nice to have:
- interest in blockchain technology and/or decentralized finance (DeFi);
- general understanding of blockchain technology’s principles;
- development of mobile products with a focus on finance or security;
- experience in a startup at an early stage;
- experience in owning any crypto asset.
Is English required and at what level?
Fluent written and oral English (Intermediate).
What else is important to us?
- being ready to join the team as the first Android developer;
- self-management skill – there is a large backlog of a ready-made iOS application, you need to distribute the importance of tasks yourself;
- very important to be in a constant state of learning.
Why was the position opened?
Because of the project growth.
Growth/development prospects for this position?
Developing in parallel with the team’s development.
Current team structure?
2 iOS, 1 backend, 1 designer, 1 product manager, 1 QA, 1 DevOps, 1 growth marketer, CTO, CEO.
Where are the people who make technical decisions on the project located?
- CEO and Founder Vitaly Bahachuk is primarily responsible for business development and fundraising. He is a former Wall Street investment banker.
- Founder/CTO Alex Bazhanau is a distributed systems engineer with experience in blockchain.
Both are based in San Francisco.
- Is there a trial period and how long does it last? Yes, 3 months.
- Overtime, how often, what is the payment approach? Overtime doesn't happen often. Compensation: extra weekend.
- What is the work schedule? Flexible, evening overlap till 19.00-20.00 Moscow time
- Is it possible to work remotely? Position completely remote
- Number of vacation days? Unlimited vacation.
- Is relocation outside Ukraine possible and how is the company ready to support it? We are ready to discuss it after 1-2 years of joint work. We can support you financially and legally (through partners). But on the condition that the person establishes oneself as a key member of the team during this time.
- When, how and in what currency is salary paid? It is paid in dollars to a currency account. There is the possibility of paying with stablecoins.
- Is there a test task? No.
- Interview in English? No.
- Who reviews the resume? CTO.
- How many stages of the interview, with whom?
- intro call with recruiter
- technical interview: 1 hour
- coding task: 1 hour
- call with CEO: 1 hour
If you like the vacancy, please send us your CV.